Svanetian salt comes from the mountainous region of Georgia, Svaneti. Svanetian salt is very easy to make and preserve. It gives unforgettable taste and flavor to salads, soups and other dishes, especially with meat.
- 500 g Salt
- 200 g Garlic, mashed
- 250 g Coriander seeds, ground
- 100 g Caraway seeds, ground
- 50 g Red hot chilli pepper, ground
- 250 g Dried blue fenugreek, ground
- 50 g Dried marigold, ground
- Put all species and salt in a bowl and mix well. Add mashed garlic and continue to combine with your hands.
Put the Svanetian salt in a glass jar and store in a dry, cool place. You can use it when cooking or as a table salt.