Mtsvadi is traditional Georgian barbeque, very juicy and delicious. Georgia’s Kakheti region is especially famous for preparing most delicious barbeque in whole country. Georgian barbeque can be made from pork and veal as well, yet pork mtsvadi is more popular. If you prepare mtsvadi with this kind of marinade, you will end up eating most tender and juicy barbeque ever.
- 2 kg pork for barbeque
- 5 onions
- 650 ml fresh pomegranate juice
- 2 tablespoon oil
- Salt, black pepper to taste
- Khmeli suneli (traditional Georgian spice mix) (It includes: coriander, dill, basil, bay leaf, marjoram, blue fenugreek,
- -0.1 coriander
- Cut meat in medium size cubes. Slice onion rings. Mix meat and onion together, add khmeli suneli, ground coriander seeds, black pepper and salt. Pour pomegranate juice, oil to the mixture and mix up well.
- Cover meat with lid or plate and place marinade in the fridge. It is recommended to keep marinade in the fridge for two days to let meat absorb all the flavors and juices.
- Put meat slices on spit and fry on coal rotating time by time. When barbeque is ready garnish with fresh slices of onion and serve.